Because of the increasing popularity of buying refurbished phones, you can pick them up just about anywhere. You can go to the manufacturer’s web sites such as Nokia, Motorola or Sony, or, you can purchase a refurbished cell phone through your cell phone service provider. Before signing up to purchase a new cell phone, look to see if refurbished phones are available.
Cell phone manufacturers and service providers are making money off of individuals who must have the most cutting edge of cell phone technology. If having the latest bells and whistles is not that important to you, purchasing a refurbished cell phone can be your answer. After all, last year’s model works just as well as this year’s model. It doesn’t make a difference whether you use prepaid or annual contract phone service.
Here are a few things to consider when purchasing a refurbished cell phone:
- Necessary features. If you can’t live without a flip phone, make sure that you order a refurbished flip phone. If you need Bluetooth technology, make sure that the phone has it. Don’t scrimp on features just be cause you’re going refurbished
- Required accessories. Make sure the package is complete. When you buy the cell phone, get the charger and SIM card and anything that you need to be able to use the phone. When you receive your package; you should be ready to go.
- Read the warranty. Before you walk out of the store with your refurbished phone or before you click OK for an online order, make sure to review the warranty. Look to see what is covered and what isn’t covered. Also find out the period of time for which the phone is warranted. Most cell phone glitches are software related. Hardware problems on the other hand, usually show up within the first 30 days of use. If the manufacturer offers a 30, 60 or 90 day warranty, that’s usually enough time to find out if something is going to fail.
- Service provider compatibility. Not all phones are compatible with each service provider. As a result, it may be best to purchase the refurbish phone through the cell phone service provider. This way, the phone is sure to work with that particular service.
- Return policy. Whether it’s a new or refurbished cell phone, it’s always important to know the return policy.
We live in such a disposable society. Purchasing a refurbished phone not only helps save money but it prevents one more cell phone from being thrown into a trash heap.